Your hair is greasy and you don't have time to wash it? Believe it or not, there are ways to combat this common problem so that your hair looks its best. In this blog post, we are going to give you useful tips to help you get rid of oily hair quickly so that you don't have to worry about it anymore. Keep reading to discover our easy-to-implement solutions.
Why do we have greasy hair?
There are several reasons why hair can become greasy. Here are some possible causes:
- Excessive sebum secretion: Sebum is an oily substance produced by the sebaceous glands of the scalp. If these glands produce too much sebum, the hair can become greasy. This happens especially when the scalp is subjected to internal or external aggressions.
- Frequent use of hair products: Excessive use of hair products such as hairspray, gel or styling mousse can clog pores on the scalp and lead to increased sebum production. In addition, hair care that is unsuitable for your hair type can also have a negative effect and lead to the phenomenon of oily hair.
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal fluctuations, such as those that occur during puberty, pregnancy, or menopause, can affect sebum production and lead to oily hair per period.
- Stress: Stress, but also periods of intense fatigue, can disrupt the hair growth cycle and lead to increased sebum production.
- Food: A diet high in fats and sugars can contribute to sebum production and therefore oily hair.
Note that each person is unique and the causes of excessive sebum production can vary from person to person.
- Find out how to get rid of oily hair .
Quick fixes for oily hair
When you have greasy hair, your first instinct is to run in the shower to wash your hair and remove that grease. However, washing your hair too regularly can have the opposite effect and make your hair more greasy than usual. So, to successfully space out your washes, simple tips exist for your oily hair. Here are some quick fixes for oily hair:
Talc is a mineral powder used in various cosmetic products, in particular to absorb excess sebum and grease from the hair. It can therefore be used to treat oily hair.
To use talcum powder on oily hair , dust a small amount of powder on the areas of your scalp that are the most oily. Leave on for a few minutes before brushing your hair well to remove excess product.
The absorbent paper
The oily hair paper towel is a product designed to absorb excess sebum and oil from the hair. It is usually available in the form of sheets or rolls of paper that can be easily torn and used on the hair.
To use the paper towel for oily hair, you have to tear a sheet or take a small amount of paper and pass it over the areas of your scalp that are the most oily.
Use a dry shampoo
Dry shampoos are an alternative to conventional shampoos and make it possible to space out washes. Dry shampoo is usually available in spray or powder form. To use, simply spray or dust product on hair, then comb or brush through to distribute evenly. The dry shampoo absorbs excess oil and impurities, helping to leave your hair looking clean and fresh.
Some dry shampoos can be harsher than others and it's important to use them carefully so as not to damage your hair. In general, it is advisable to use dry shampoo in moderation and not to overdo it, as overuse can dry out hair and upset your scalp's natural balance.
- So, if you have oily hair, do not abuse repeated washes. Instead, use talcum powder, a paper towel, or dry shampoo to soak up excess oil.
Hairstyles to hide oily hair
Some hairstyles allow you to hide your oily hair to save time before the next hair wash. Here are some hairstyles that can help you conceal oily hair:
A braid can be a great option for hiding oily hair. You can opt for a simple braid or a sophisticated braid, such as a spiky braid or a fishtail braid.
A low bun:
A low bun is a perfect hairstyle for hiding oily hair . Simply gather your hair into a low ponytail and twist it before securing it with bobby pins.
A high ponytail hairstyle:
A high ponytail can be a stylish hairstyle to conceal oily hair. Simply gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic.
Choose a hat or beanie:
A hat or beanie can be a quick and easy solution to hiding oily hair. Opt for a canvas or cotton hat to let your hair breathe and not risk greasing it more than it already is. For the hat, choose a soft fabric so as not to damage your hair.
An alternative to beanies and hats is the headband. You will certainly find a headband to your liking since they come in all shapes and colors. Plus, you can keep this headband indoors unlike a hat, making it the go-to hair accessory when looking to hide greasy hair.