Looking for a natural way to grow your hair? Many people are turning to Aloe vera as a potential solution. This ancient remedy has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, but does it really make your hair grow faster? In this blog post, we will explain whether or not Aloe vera hair care makes hair grow faster.
What is Aloe Vera?
Aloe vera is a succulent plant, native to northwest Africa. It is known for its moisturizing and calming properties, and is often used to treat skin and hair. Aloe vera is also consumed in the form of juices or dietary supplements, and is believed to have many health benefits, such as reduced inflammation and improved digestion.
Aloe vera is often used to treat hair and scalp. It has moisturizing and nourishing properties that can help improve hair health and reduce split ends. Aloe vera can also help regulate sebum, which can be beneficial for people who have oily hair or suffer from seborrheic dermatitis. There are many hair products that contain Aloe vera, such as shampoos, masks and conditioners.
What are the benefits of Aloe vera for hair?
The plant contains many minerals, enzymes, fatty acids, amino acids and vitamins A, B, C and E. This makes Aloe vera a key ally for the care and maintenance of your hair. The benefits of Aloe vera on the hair are numerous:
- Moisturizes hair: Aloe vera is rich in vitamins and minerals that can help deeply hydrate hair, making it softer and more supple.
- REPAIR DAMAGED HAIR: Aloe vera contains enzymes and nutrients that can help repair damaged hair and reduce split ends.
- Promotes hair growth : Aloe vera is rich in nutrients that can help promote hair growth and make hair stronger. In addition, the vitamins it contains help stimulate blood circulation and therefore acts indirectly on hair growth.
- Regulates sebum: Aloe vera regulates the production of sebum by the sebaceous glands. It is therefore ideal for people with oily hair since it purifies the scalp to give you healthy, non-oily hair. In the same way, if your hair is too dry, it can promote the production of sebum which is insufficient.
- Protects hair from external aggressors: Aloe vera can help protect hair from external aggressors such as the sun and chemicals, which can help it stay healthy and look shinier.
Does Aloe vera contribute to hair growth?
It cannot be said that Aloe vera directly grows hair, but the plant promotes the healthy and rapid growth of the hair fiber. Indeed, as mentioned above, the Aloe vera plant acts on the scalp and prevents hair loss.
Its high concentration of vitamins A, B6 and B9 stimulates the blood circulation of the scalp, so your hair grows faster. In addition to soothing your scalp and moisturizing your hair, Aloe vera provides it with a large part of the nutrients, vitamins and minerals necessary for its proper growth.
So, even if Aloe vera is not proven to directly grow hair, it can be attested that the application of the gel of the plant contributes to healthy hair growth and to strengthening the hair fiber.
How to use Aloe Vera to grow hair?
Aloe vera can be used in different ways on your hair to promote hair growth.
The plant's gel can be applied to your lengths and ends in order to hydrate your hair and repair the hair fiber if necessary. You will find all kinds of hair care enriched with Aloe vera without having to extract the gel directly from the plant.
If the goal is to speed up your hair growth, apply Aloe vera to your scalp . Indeed, this is where it all happens. Aloe vera, thanks to its many nutrients, stimulates blood circulation in the area and accelerates keratin, this protein that essentially makes up your hair.
To apply Aloe vera on your scalp, opt for an Aloe vera shampoo that you will lather at your roots. Massage your scalp gently when applying the shampoo to stimulate blood circulation and thus make your hair grow.
- Discover all the ways to use Aloe vera on the hair
How to grow your hair fast?
There is no magic bullet to grow hair fast, but here are some tricks that can help promote hair growth:
- Caring for your scalp : A healthy scalp is the basis for strong, healthy hair. Remember to wash your hair with a mild shampoo and massage your scalp to promote blood circulation.
- Use nourishing products: Using nourishing hair oils and masks can help nourish hair and make it stronger and healthier
- Trim split ends regularly: Split ends can prevent hair from growing and make it more fragile. Trimming split ends often can help boost hair growth.
- Avoid over-handling hair: Brushing or styling your hair too frequently can damage hair and slow hair growth. Limit the number of times you style your hair and use soft accessories to avoid breaking it.
- Adopt a balanced diet : a diet rich in protein, vitamins and minerals can help maintain healthy hair and facilitate hair growth.
- Avoid harsh chemical treatments: Chemical treatments such as dyes and perms can damage hair and slow hair growth. If you want to use such products, opt for milder versions and make sure to take care of your hair after using them.