What is Aloe vera?
Aloe Vera is a plant native to Africa and has been used for thousands of years for its medicinal properties. When used on the skin, it can relieve many ailments, such as sunburn or rashes. People also consume it in the form of juices, gels, or capsules, which can improve digestion and reduce inflammation.
Aloe vera is widely known for its moisturizing and healing properties. Applied to the hair, it can give it volume and nourish it. It contains a whole series of vitamins and minerals that improve the condition of the scalp and strands, making them healthier and shinier. It can also help reduce frizz, encourage thicker growth, and protect against damage from styling tools. Plus, Aloe vera acts as a natural conditioner that helps fight dandruff by keeping the scalp hydrated and flake-free. Overall, this is an essential hair product that helps promote strong, healthy hair.
What are the benefits of Aloe vera?
Aloe vera can be a wonderful natural way to improve the health and appearance of your hair. This powerful herb has been used for centuries as a remedy for many different ailments, including those that affect our hair. It has many benefits for your hair:
- Promote healthy growth : the plant is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, making it an effective and natural way to provide the nutrients necessary for healthy hair. Applied directly to the scalp, Aloe vera stimulates blood flow, which can help promote the growth of new, stronger, healthier hair.
- Purify the scalp: Aloe vera gel regulates sebum production. The ideal amount of natural oil will then be produced to protect your hair without making it greasy or weighing it down.
- Soothe the scalp: Thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, the plant soothes the scalp and relieves the associated itching.
- Moisturize : Aloe vera gel, essentially composed of water and minerals, deeply moisturizes the hair.
- Find out if Aloe vera makes hair grow .
Why use Aloe vera on curly hair?
Although Aloe vera is suitable for all hair types, it is perfect for curly and frizzy hair. This hair has a great need for hydration and nutrients that can be provided naturally by Aloe vera.
Seal in hydration
Aloe vera is considered a humectant , meaning it helps absorb and retain water so it stays locked in the hair without escaping. Thus, the plant fights against hair dryness and moisturizes the often dry ends of curly and frizzy hair. Aloe vera masks for curly hair deeply hydrate the hair fiber.
Its moisturizing properties are key to fighting frizz on curly hair, which commonly holds less moisture than straight hair. Aloe vera acts as a sealing agent that keeps moisture inside the hair and prevents the appearance of frizz.
Bring softness and shine
Containing powerful antioxidants that protect the scalp from damage and help stimulate natural hair growth, Aloe also provides essential vitamins and minerals to nourish hair. The plant acts as a conditioner and provides suppleness, softness and shine. Your hair is then easier to comb and detangle.
Have beautiful curls
Thanks to Aloe vera, you get hydrated, supple and bouncy curls . The plant eliminates knots, tangles and frizz so you can have beautiful curls. The plant's gel can also be used as a styling cream to define curls without weighing down or greasing strands.
How to use Aloe vera on curly hair?
To use Aloe vera on curly hair, you can extract the gel from the plant . To do this, take an Aloe vera leaf that you cut in half. Using a spoon, collect the viscous and transparent substance. The gel thus collected can be kept for one week in the refrigerator.
Aloe vera gel can be used in different ways:
- In styling gel : to define your curls and help you style your hair.
- As a moisturizer : to hydrate hair strands and seal in moisture.
- As a repairing treatment : to repair the tips and prevent the risk of breakage.
- As a hair mask : leave the gel on your lengths and ends to benefit from the different benefits of the plant. Mix the gel with honey or vegetable oil and let it rest on damp hair. Rinse with lukewarm water before washing your hair.
The easiest way to apply Aloe vera to your curly hair is to opt for products that contain Aloe vera and other natural ingredients. You will find many hair masks with Aloe vera. These masks make it possible to limit the overproduction of sebum when they are applied to the scalp. On the lengths or ends, the mask hydrates and repairs the hair fiber.
Finally, you will find Aloe vera shampoos that use the cleansing and purifying properties of the plant to wash your hair. The purifying shampoo with Aloe vera allows you to wash, nourish and hydrate your hair in a single step.
- Opt for shampoos and masks enriched with Aloe vera for your curly hair.