If you're looking for a faster, more efficient way to dry your hair, you should consider investing in a microfiber towel . Not only is it an alternative to blow-drying or blow-drying, but it also has other benefits for your hair. Read on to discover the many benefits of the microfiber towel!
What is a microfiber towel?
A microfiber towel is a towel made of superfine synthetic fibers, usually polyester or polyamide. They are often used to quickly dry skin and hair after showering or to wipe down wet surfaces.
Not only does it absorb up to seven times its own weight in water, it also dries quickly and leaves hair softer than a traditional cotton towel. Microfiber towels come in many sizes and shapes, so whether you have short or long hair, there's bound to be one to suit your needs.
Microfiber towels are frequently used in hotels, gyms and spas because they are economical and easy to maintain. They are also popular for travel, because they are lightweight and space-saving. In general, microfiber towels are considered an eco-friendly alternative to cotton towels, since they can be washed and used repeatedly.
- You might be wondering, why use a microfiber hair towel ?
What are the differences between a microfiber towel and a classic towel?
There are several differences between a microfiber towel and a classic towel:
- Fibers: a microfiber towel is made with very fine synthetic fibers, while a classic towel is made with natural fibers, most often cotton.
- Absorbency: These towels have a high absorbency and can absorb up to seven times their weight in water, while a cotton towel can absorb up to three times their weight in water.
- Frizz: A classic towel tends to promote the appearance of frizz, especially for curly or wavy hair. The microfiber towel helps to avoid this phenomenon and to obtain curved, hydrated and shiny hair.
- Lifespan: In general, these towels have a longer lifespan than cotton towels because they are more resistant to frequent washing and do not deform as easily.
- Weight and size: Microfiber towels are generally lighter and smaller than cotton towels, which makes them ideal for traveling or taking on a picnic.
- Price: In general, microfiber towels are a little more expensive than cotton towels, but they can be a good long-term investment due to their longer lifespan.
Thus, there are many differences between a microfiber towel and a classic towel. The main one being the absorption capacity, which is clearly superior with the microfiber towel thanks to its innovative material.
What are the benefits of this towel?
Dry your hair quickly
Microfiber towels have quickly become a staple in the hair care world, as they are known for their effectiveness in drying hair in the blink of an eye. Their construction makes them ideal for this task; Made up of tiny fibers that are much finer than their cotton counterparts, these microfibers naturally have a greater surface area to absorb water, giving them greater absorbency .
- It is said that the microfiber hair towel cuts the drying time in half!
Stop damaging your hair
The microfiber towel is a great choice for drying hair because it is made of tiny, tightly woven fibers that are gentler on the hair than traditional terry cloth. Microfiber towels are highly absorbent, allowing them to quickly extract moisture from hair without damaging hair cuticles or causing friction that could lead to splitting and damage.
They also help prevent hair dryer heat damage , as it takes less time to dry the hair when using a microfiber towel, which avoids exposing the hair to high temperatures for as long. a long time. In addition, they facilitate the detangling of wet hair, which helps to avoid breakage during styling.
Finally, using this type of towel allows you to avoid twisting your hair in a classic towel. Thus, you do not damage your hair which breaks when you twist your towel on your head or under the weight of this towel.
- This type of towel is therefore softer for your hair and does not damage your hair. So you keep your hair healthy and promote healthy hair growth.
If your scalp is irritated or you feel itchy when drying your hair, the microfiber towel can be a solution to your problem. Indeed, this type of towel is softer for your hair and scalp. Its use is done without rigorous friction so as not to attack the scalp. This way, you don't irritate your scalp and you avoid excessive stimulation of sebum production. Your scalp is consequently soothed. If you have sensitive skin, this towel is ideal for you.
- Choose this towel to reduce itching and soothe your scalp.
What are its benefits in your daily life?
Microfiber towels can help you save time when drying your hair due to their high absorbency. They can quickly remove excess water from your hair without damaging it, allowing you to dry your hair faster and spend less time styling.
By using this type of towel, you can avoid rubbing your hair with a regular towel, which can be time-consuming and tedious and can cause hair damage.
- Cut the drying time of your hair in half and thus save time on a daily basis.
Take it anywhere:
They are lightweight and compact , making them easy to transport and store. They are therefore particularly useful for travel or outdoor activities. Unlike bulky cotton towels that can be difficult to store and take forever to dry, a microfiber towel can easily slip into a drawer or backpack for convenient storage and it dries faster than traditional towels. Plus, these towels are also lightweight and compact, making them easy to handle and wrap around your hair.
- Simply slip the microfiber towel into your bag since it is compact and lightweight. It is therefore ideal for going to the gym or when travelling.
Speed of drying:
Microfiber towels are known for their ability to dry quickly , making them a popular choice for travelers, athletes, and those who need quick-drying bath towels. Indeed, microfiber towels have a large surface area that is in contact with the air, which allows them to dry faster than cotton towels, which have larger fibers and less surface area in contact with the air.
They also don't smell like cotton towels that stay damp.
- The microfiber towel reduces the drying time of your hair. Plus, when damp, the towel also air-dries quickly so it can be easily stored in a drawer away from moisture. This prevents the appearance of mold or the proliferation of bacteria.
These non-traditional towels are generally more durable than cotton towels as they won't warp or lose their shape after multiple washes.
First, microfiber fibers are usually stronger and more durable than natural fibers, such as cotton. This means they are less likely to tear or fray over time, which can extend the life of the towel.
- More resistant to wear than cotton, microfiber is more durable. You will therefore keep these towels longer than a classic towel.
Why apply your care before using a microfiber towel?
The microfiber towel, unlike the classic towel, improves the action of hair care . This is why it is very useful to use this type of towel after the treatment stage. The microfiber towel facilitates the penetration of the masks or oils that you wish to apply to your hair during the drying time. This towel allows you to seal in moisture in your hair to promote healthy growth.
- This type of towel favors the absorption of care. Do not hesitate to use this towel after applying your moisturizing mask or your nourishing oil.
The microfiber hair towel, for what type of hair?
Microfiber towels are suitable for all hair types and can be used on fine, thick, curly, straight, colored or natural hair.
They are particularly useful for people with long or thick hair, as they have a high absorption capacity and can dry the hair quickly without damaging it.
If you have curly or curly hair, this towel will allow you to dry your curls easily, without damaging them. You can keep your hair curly all day long. Additionally, curly hair is often more fragile and prone to damage, and it is important to protect it when drying to prevent it from becoming dry and brittle.
In the same way, if you have damaged or brittle hair, drying with this towel will be softer and without friction in order to protect your hair and not damage it further. In addition, if you apply a treatment, the microfiber towel will allow you to facilitate the absorption of the latter and thus repair your hair in depth.
- The microfiber towel is beneficial for all hair types. Brittle and damaged hair will be protected while curly hair will keep its curls longer. Likewise, it will absorb water from thick hair to dry it quickly.
How to choose your microfiber hair towel?
Choosing the right microfiber towel can make all the difference when it comes to drying your hair quickly and efficiently while causing as little damage as possible. It's important to consider a number of factors when making this decision, such as size, material composition, absorption rate , and ease of use.
Make sure the microfiber towel you choose is the right size for your hair. If you have long or thick hair, opt for a larger towel to make sure it covers all of your hair. Pay attention to the thickness when buying your towel; thicker ones are better at minimizing frizz and preventing breakage. On the contrary, a towel that is too big for your hair will be too heavy on your head and may be uncomfortable.
- It is important to choose a towel adapted to the length of your hair. Too small a towel will not allow effective drying of all your hair strands. On the contrary, a towel that is too big will be uncomfortable and may fall off regularly.
Choose a quality microfiber towel that has soft, strong fibers . Higher quality towels tend to be more durable and conform to the shape of your hair better. Microfiber is used for hair towels, but also in other areas .
The fiber absorption rate
This goes hand in hand with fiber quality. Indeed, the more resistant and quality your fibers are, the faster they will absorb water from your hair. Remember that a good quality microfiber towel can cut your hair drying time in half and absorb up to seven times its weight in water.
Ease of use
Some microfiber towels are simple rectangles that we are already used to with classic towels. But, if you want an easy-to-use towel, opt for a hair towel in the shape of a triangle or even a cup. These towels are very easy to put on and are more comfortable since you won't have to put them back in place with each movement. Plus, the easiest-to-use microfiber towels have a button on the back of your head to secure and simply hold the towel while drying.
- Choose a towel in the shape of a cup or a triangle with a button at the back in order to have a towel that is very easy and quick to use.
Other criteria may also be taken into account:
- Style and color : Opt for a microfiber towel that appeals to you aesthetically and that matches your style. You can choose plain or printed towel according to your preference. These towels are available in many different colors and patterns and must above all please you.
- User reviews: Read user reviews before choosing a microfiber towel to get an idea of the product's quality and effectiveness. User reviews can help you find the towel that best suits your needs.
- The price: You will find microfiber towels at all prices. Evaluate your budget and opt for a microfiber towel that suits your needs and your budget. Keep in mind that higher quality towels are often more expensive, but worth it in the long run if you want a product that will last for years.
How to use this towel?
Using a microfiber hair towel is relatively simple, and won't change much from using a traditional towel.
Start by applying your hair care products such as hair oils or masks before drying your hair. This protects them against damage caused by drying, but also hydrates, nourishes or repairs them depending on the hair care used and the desired result.
Then blot your hair with the towel to remove excess water. It is important not to rub or rub so as not to damage and break your hair. To gently blot, simply pat the towel gently against your scalp.
After that, wrap the towel around your hair, starting at the nape of your neck and working your way up to the top of your head. Make sure the towel is in place and doesn't slip. If your towel has a button on the back, use it.
Finally, let it go. Keep the towel in place for a few minutes while the fibers absorb excess water from your hair.
Finish drying by leaving your hair in the open air if you have time. If you have no choice but to use heat to finish drying your hair, don't forget to protect your hair with a protective serum. Also, always use heat sparingly and at the lowest temperature.
- Start by blotting your hair without rubbing it so as not to damage it. Then wrap the towel around your hair and leave for a few minutes to absorb the water. Finish by air drying or low heat drying.
How to wash your microfiber towel?
Microfiber towels are incredibly practical, absorbent and machine washable . However, these towels require special maintenance in order to maintain their quality and life cycle. To preserve the condition of your microfiber towel, follow these simple steps:
- Wash – regularly: Wash your microfiber towel regularly to prevent it from becoming less effective and to remove any accumulated dirt or bacteria.
- Use a Mild Detergent: Use a mild detergent to wash your towel so as not to damage the fibers and maintain its performance.
- Do not use fabric softener: Do not use fabric softener when washing this type of towel, as it can clog the fibers and reduce its absorbency.
- Air dry: Air dry your microfiber towel or tumble dry on low heat. Avoid putting it in the dryer on high heat because this can damage the fibers and reduce its absorbency.
- Store it properly: Store your towel in a dry, cool place, away from moisture, to prevent the growth of bacteria or mold. Also, bend it gently and not too tightly so as not to stretch or distort it.
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy your microfiber towel for many years to come.
How long can you keep your microfiber towel?
There is no fixed lifespan for microfiber towels, as it depends on many factors, such as frequency of use, care given to the towel, and the environment in which it is used and stored.
In general, if you take care of your towel and wash it regularly to kill bacteria and germs that can cause mildew, it should last for several years . However, if you use your towel heavily or don't wash it regularly, it may wear out faster and need replacing sooner.
It's also important to store your microfiber towel in a dry, well-ventilated place to prevent mildew and prolong its life. If you find that your towel is beginning to discolor, lose elasticity, or tear, it may be time to replace it with a new one.
- This towel can be kept for a longer time with regular maintenance. However, do not hesitate to replace it as soon as signs of wear appear, because its absorption capacity will decrease over time.