Is it possible to repair damaged hair?
First of all, is it really possible to repair damaged hair? Well yes, but we should not wait to observe all of these indicators before acting. At the first sign, it is important to use restorative treatments to repair your damaged hair. If you delay too much, it will be more difficult, if not impossible, to repair your hair, especially to act on split ends.
Thus, if we react quickly, it is possible to repair damaged hair without cutting it. To do this, you must opt for restorative hair care adapted to your hair type and its needs.
- Yes, it is possible to repair damaged hair provided you act as soon as the first signs appear. If your hair is already badly damaged, the repair process will be more difficult and longer.
How to recognize damaged hair?
Several key indicators make it possible to recognize damaged hair. The sooner you observe these signs, the easier it will be to take action and repair your hair fiber.
First observe your lengths in natural light and examine its texture and shine. If the strands are dry, dull and have that “straw” effect, your hair is probably damaged. Likewise, if when you run your fingers over it, you feel a certain roughness or fragility, this indicates that your hair fiber is damaged.
Then observe the ends of your hair. If they are split ends or broken, no doubt, your hair is damaged. The repeated rubbing on your clothes has attacked your hair and broken the ends, which now split in two.
Other indicators can also put you in the ear:
- Hair tangles easily and is difficult to comb
- The hairstyles do not last long because the hair is weak
- Your hair lacks shine, suppleness and softness
Why does hair get damaged?
The hair is constantly subjected to internal and external aggressions that damage the hair fiber. Among the internal factors, we speak of hereditary factors, dietary deficiencies or poor lifestyle. For external factors, the list is a bit longer:
- The regular use of chemicals that strip the hair: coloring, bleaching or perms for example
- Frequent use of heated appliances: straighteners, curling irons or hair dryers
- Environmental or external attacks: sun, wind, cold, salt or chlorine
- Rough brushing or drying, a hairbrush or other styling accessories unsuitable for your hair type
- Aggressive hair washing
- Poor quality hair products not suitable for your hair type.
What are the different restorative treatments?
The scales of damaged hair are opened and the keratin is then damaged. When the keratin, which essentially makes up the hair, is damaged, the hair fiber becomes thinner and more fragile. The hair is dry, dull and brittle. Thus, if you want to repair your damaged hair , it is important to come and fill this lack of keratin.
- To repair your damaged hair, you have to fill the lack of keratin. Treatments for damaged hair enriched with keratin exist.
Keratin repair treatments
Keratin hair treatments work by injecting protein back into the strands and protecting them from further damage. They also contain ingredients like natural oils and fatty acids that lock in moisture and condition every strand from within so your hair looks healthier and shinier than ever! The result is stronger, more resilient hair that can withstand styling for long periods of time without looking frizzy or dry.
Keratin hair masks make up for the lack of keratin in damaged hair. They do this by improving the quality of hair strands and helping them retain moisture. They help smooth the cuticle. Applying a keratin mask at least once a week will help nourish your damaged hair, making it stronger and less likely to split or break.
For easy and quick use, opt for a keratin shampoo. This repairing shampoo strengthens and nourishes the hair fiber when washing your hair. Used regularly, it restores volume, suppleness and shine to damaged hair.
- To fill the lack of keratin, opt for damaged hair care with keratin. Mask or shampoo with keratin are your allies to repair the damage of your hair.
Hair botox is a simple process that smoothes the hair fiber, moisturizes the hair and brings keratin to the hair. This is why it is strongly recommended for people with damaged hair. It's a fairly simple process that can be done at home or in a hair salon. A keratin-enriched serum is applied strand by strand using a brush. Let the product penetrate for about thirty minutes and then finish using heat. The heat sets the keratin.
This keratin treatment helps split ends, seals in moisture and makes styling easier for 3 months. It is necessary to reproduce the hair care a few times a year to make its effects last.
- Discover thebenefits of hair botox .
Oil baths to hydrate and nourish
The hair oil bath involves conditioning the hair with natural oils to deeply nourish and hydrate it. It is an excellent restorative treatment for damaged hair.
To make an effective oil bath, prepare your oil or your oil mixture and apply it to all your lengths and ends, on damp and detangled hair. Leave for 15 to 30 minutes under cling film or a towel. Then, rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water.
You should choose an oil that is specially formulated to hydrate the strands and help restore natural nutrients while repairing damage. Argan oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and shea butter are all effective options for an oil bath. They all contain properties that nourish and condition the hair, helping it to grow stronger and healthier with regular use.
The homemade mask
If you want to opt for natural, nutrient-rich ingredients to nourish your hair, that's possible too. There are a variety of homemade masks to restore your damaged hair. Choose a recipe based on egg, olive oil, honey or banana. These ingredients are known to nourish hair follicles, moisturize and prevent hair dryness. Additionally, egg yolks contain protein that helps repair damage to split ends. For extra hydration, you can add yogurt to these recipes.
With so many natural ingredients available in your kitchen pantry, it's never been easier to whip up a mask that will not only nourish, but also condition your hair!
How to stop damaging your hair?
It is useful to fix your hair, but if you have to start over every month, it is not necessary. Here are our tips to protect your hair from damage:
- Protect your hair from the heat of heated appliances with a thermo-protective spray
- Protect your hair from external factors: sun, chlorine, salt water.
- Reduce friction against the pillow at night with a silk bonnet or pillowcase. In addition, it is important to sleep with dry hair so as not to damage it further. Style your hair at night.
- Limit chemical treatments when possible, such as coloring or bleaching that attacks your hair.
- Always choose products adapted to your hair type, because each hair has different hydration and nutrition needs.
- In the same way, the choice of the hairbrush is essential. It is important to choose a comb or a hairbrush adapted to your hair type.
- Dry your hair in the open air or with a microfiber towel so as not to attack the scalp and the strands of hair.
- Rinse your hair with lukewarm water and not hot water because the latter attacks the hair and opens the scales of the hair which makes them more fragile.